It's pesto time! I have 3 varieties of basil growing this summer: Italian, Thai, and Mexican. I decided to start with an Asian pesto using Thai basil.
- 1 c. fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1/2 c. cilantro leaves
- 1/2 c. mint leaves
- 2 T. dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 t. raw sugar
- 1/2 t. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 t. dried garlic flakes or 2 cloves garlic
- 1 T. diced lemongrass (white stems)
- 1/4 t. kaffir lime leaf powder
- 1 T. dark sesame oil
- 1 T. hemp oil
- 1 T. fish sauce substitute (2 t. tamari + 1 t. lime juice)
- 1 T. rice wine vinegar
Blend all dry ingredients in a food processor.
Add the oil, fish sauce sub, & rice wine vinegar and process until smooth.
I tossed the pesto with soba noodles, stir-fried tofu, and a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds. YUM!