Delicious & healthy vegetarian/vegan dishes with an international flair!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Vegan Banana Nut Muffins


I got a real hankerin for some warm & sweet comfort food during these cool December days. As luck would have it, I came across this recipe yesterday during one of my frequent recipe browsing jaunts: Vegan Banana Muffins

It seemed fairly simple, and I had the ingredients on hand. Of course, I tweaked the recipe :P

Vegan Banana Nut Muffins


4 ripe bananas

1/2 c. brown sugar

1/2 c. coconut oil

1 t. vanilla extract

1 t. cinnamon

3/4 t. cardamom powder

1/8 t. clove powder

3/4 t. salt

1 c. whole wheat flour

1 1/2 c. whole wheat pastry flour

1 t. baking powder

1 t. baking soda

1/2 c. chopped nuts

1/2 c. chocolate chips (optional)


Preheat oven to 350°F


Grease or place liners in tin for 12 muffins.


Mash bananas in a bowl.


Add oil, sugar, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, clove, & cardamon and mix.


Sift flours, baking powder, and baking soda together. Add to the banana mixture. Mix well.


Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips.


Spoon into muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes until muffins are done and slightly browned on top.





In my opinion, they came out really nice. Soft, cake-like texture with the spices adding a zippy flavor. The nuts and choco chips gave it a satisfying crunch. YUM!!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Shayla,
    well... I have a strange question but arent that you on HelpExchange? I think I just saw there your advertisement but since I do not have the premium membership I do not see your contact details, thats why I started a little search in google.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In case you are THAT Shayla, please send me your email address to ingrida.zujane@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete