This meal has become a favorite of mine likely. Deliciously simple and loaded with nutritious greens and fresh ginger.
Stir-fried chard w/ soba noodles & tofu
- 1 t. toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece ginger, minced
- 3-4 dashes of black rice or balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium carrot, cut into slivers
- 1 head of chard, chopped into thin ribbons
- 2 servings of soba noodles, pre-cooked and tossed with a splash of sesame oil
- 2 servings of firm tofu, cubed & stir-fried in sesame oil until browned
- 1/4 c. chopped green onion
- 2 T. toasted sesame seeds
- fresh squeezed lime juice
- Asian hot sauce of your choice
In a wok or large skillet, heat sesame oil over high heat.
Add garlic & ginger, stir fry for about a min adding a dash of vinegar when it begins to stick.
Add the carrot and a couple of dashes of vinegar, stir-fry for 2 min.
Next add the chard and a few splashes of tamari. Cook for 1-2 min.
Reduce the heat to medium and add the pre-cooked tofu & soba noodles. Splash in a little more tamari.
Toss everything together and stir until the noodles are well heated.
Serve hot. Garnish with green onion, sesame seeds, a touch of lime juice, and hot sauce for an extra kick!