Delicious & healthy vegetarian/vegan dishes with an international flair!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Chocolate Mousse Pie (Vegan)

This is my favorite chocolate pie recipe that always gets the response "Really, this has avocado in it?" So rich & decadent yet simple.

Chocolate Mousse Pie
2 ripe medium avocados
3 cups of dark chocolate chips
1 t. vanilla extract
2-3 T. apple juice (depending on the size of the avos)
1 prepared chocolate or plain graham cracker crust

1. Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler. Stir in the vanilla extract as it melts.
2. Pit & peel the avos and toss into a blender. Add the apple juice.
3. When the chocolate is melted into a silky, clump-free sauce, add it to the blender.
4. Blend the chocolate and avos into a creamy mousse. You can add another spoon of apple juice to help blend if needed.
5. Pour the batter into the crust and evenly distribute with a spatula.
6. At this point, you can add a topping of your choice. (chopped nuts or fresh fruit like sliced strawberries/raspberries/blueberries or dried coconut shreds or fruit jam)
7. Refrigerate the pie overnight and VOILA!! You have a luscious pie to serve your dinner guests.


Chocolate Almond Pie w/ almond extract

Chocolate Pomegranate Pie

I find that both kids & adults really enjoy this pie. A real crowd-pleaser :)

1 comment:

  1. Shayla, your culinary skills amaze me! I am a big "foodie" as well and a HUGE chocoholic.
    I found out about your blog via helperX. I would really love to come stay with you for a couple of weeks in November (8-21). Based on your blog and the site's description, it seems like we have a lot in common and I am certain that I could help you out :) I haven't signed up for the service but thought this might be a good alternative way to contact you
    My email is sportyshane88@hotmail.com
    I can't wait to hear from you!
    -Shane

    ReplyDelete