3 cups of dark chocolate chips
This is my favorite chocolate pie recipe that always gets the response "Really, this has avocado in it?" So rich & decadent yet simple.
Chocolate Mousse Pie
2 ripe medium avocados
1 t. vanilla extract
2-3 T. apple juice (depending on the size of the avos)
1 prepared chocolate or plain graham cracker crust
1. Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler. Stir in the vanilla extract as it melts.
2. Pit & peel the avos and toss into a blender. Add the apple juice.
3. When the chocolate is melted into a silky, clump-free sauce, add it to the blender.
4. Blend the chocolate and avos into a creamy mousse. You can add another spoon of apple juice to help blend if needed.
5. Pour the batter into the crust and evenly distribute with a spatula.
6. At this point, you can add a topping of your choice. (chopped nuts or fresh fruit like sliced strawberries/raspberries/blueberries or dried coconut shreds or fruit jam)
7. Refrigerate the pie overnight and VOILA!! You have a luscious pie to serve your dinner guests.
Chocolate Almond Pie w/ almond extract
Chocolate Pomegranate Pie
I find that both kids & adults really enjoy this pie. A real crowd-pleaser :)