Chocolate Almond Truffles
1 cup pitted and chopped medjool dates
2 1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1/2 t. almond extract
1/4 c. chopped toasted almonds
1/4 c. almonds ground into powder in a blender or coffee grinder (for coating)
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler. Stir in the vanilla & almond extracts.
- Add the dates into a food processor. Pour the chocolate in and process until a ball of dough forms.
- Place the ball of dough in a bowl and knead in the chopped almonds.
- Spread the almond powder on a plate.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of the dough, form a ball, and roll in the plate of almond powder evenly coating.
- Arrange the truffle balls on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Place the cookie sheet with the finished truffles in the fridge for an hour to firm them up. You can then store them in an airtight container.