Delicious & healthy vegetarian/vegan dishes with an international flair!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Hummus tacos


After working hard in the kitchen all week, I wanted a simple dinner tonight. Last night, I had put a cup of garbanzo beans in the crock pot to cook all night. The garbanzos were ready in the morning, and I made hummus in the afternoon. I have been tweaking my hummus recipe for a couple of years now, and I am v happy with it now.


Red pepper hummus
2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
3 T. tahini
juice of 2 small or 1 large lime
1 red bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
6 pitted green olives
4-5 sundried tomatoes packed in oil
1 t. of sundried tomato oil
1/2 t. garlic powder + 1/2 Mrs. Dash garlic-herb blend or 1-2 cloves of fresh garlic
1 t. fresh oregano leaves
1/4 t. cumin powder

Blend all ingredients in a food processor into a thick, creamy consistency.



Tortillas are everywhere here in Mexico. Well, the standard white tortillas anyways. Now, fresh blue corn tortillas are a little tougher to find. Diego found a place in town that sells them but only on the weekends. So I plan a meal of blue corn tacos every weekend. I'll also get extra if I want to make enchiladas later in the week. For that recipe, the tortillas don't need to be fresh.

With the hummus ready, tortillas bought, and green salad tossed, dinner was ready.


Yummy, easy hummus taco :P



No comments:

Post a Comment